“We need women who are so strong they can be gentle, so educated they can be humble, so fierce they can be compassionate, so passionate they can be rational, and so disciplined they can be free.” – Kavita Ramdas
Yet another success story of women who scored 6th rank in UPSC CSE exam 2019.
UPSC CSE 2019 Rank 6 Vishakha Yadav
Vishakha Yadav is a 26 year old engineering graduate who secured 6th rank in UPSC IAS exam 2019. Originally she hails from Mathura, Uttar Pradesh but completed her education from Delhi. Vishakha Yadav’s father, Rajkumar Yadav is the Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) of Delhi. She got graduated in BE Computer Engineering from Delhi Technical University (DTU). After working for 2.5 years, she quit her corporate job at Cisco systems in Bangalore. She took this decision in order to purse her studies and preparation for UPSC IAS exam. She had appeared 2 time for IAS exam but couldn’t qualify. It was during her 3rd attempt that she got qualified as well as secured digit rank (6th rank) in UPSC IAS exam.
UPSC CSE 2019 RANK 6 Vishakha Yadav says that she took a break from her job because it became difficult to prepare for exams along with job and managing house. So she came down to Delhi so that she could concentrate more on her preparation. Apart from studies, she used to be a part of her school and college Basketball team. She considers Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam as her role model.
UPSC CSE 2019 Rank 6 Vishakha Yadav Strategy
- Vishakha Yadav had a daily routine of going to the library every day morning and returning in evening. She made it mandatory to visit the library all day. Reading through important text books especially NCERT, she prepared herself for past 4 years.
- She used to spend 10 hours a day with her books and kept herself away from social media for almost 3 years and totally focused on her preparation. Vishakha Yadav wanted to devote her all time into preparation in order to achieve her dream.
- There was times when she thought of quitting but her parents, especially her mother supported her. She was with her all the time. Vishakha Yadav said that her mother would say to her not to worry about anything else than to study.
- She says that it is not always about how long you study but it is about how much content you covered. Knowing the syllabus of UPSC, make out daily, weekly, monthly plan on completing how much syllabus. Also make sure that you complete accordingly.
- Coaching is essential for students without a humanities background. As she had engineering background, she has to take coaching during her initial years. Coaching acted as a basic guidance for her. She says that if your background is humanities, it is always better to study all by yourself.
- Vishakha focused on limited resources and use of library to concentrate. She says that it is really very important to practice whatever you have covered. Because human brain forgets if not provided with daily dose.
- Keeping yourself healthy is the most necessary part. IAS exam has 3 parts, prelims, mains and interview. In order to qualify through each and every stage, one needs to have enough energy.
Never Quit is what she says
She often got motivated and surrounded herself by people who uplifted her in all manner. Her results came as a surprise to her because she was preparing for 5th attempt. Vishakha Yadav said that she should would qualify for the exam but never thought that she would secure 6th rank. It seemed to be the greatest surprise for her.
She often felt like giving up because of severe tension and stress, which is obviously a matter during preparations. During these times she thinks of how she worked hard all these time and sudden quitting would ruin everything that she had made up all these years. Constant hard work and persistence has made her achieve what she worked hard for in 4 years. Her parents supported her a lot from the beginning. During her mock interview, she said that most of her friends are married. But her parents has given her all the freedom that she made her study to any extend to achieve the goal.
Wishing each and everyone who is reading this and getting inspired by the bravery of UPSC CSE 2019 Rank 6 Vishakha Yadav. Yes, you are next.