Well, for the ones who struggle hard and put in efforts amidst any crisis, success is the fruit. UPSC CSE 2019 Rank 5 Jeydev C S had vision of serving his nation. In order to achieve that vision, he started his mission after his graduation. He shares his story to all so that people can imbibe goodness from it.
UPSC CSE 2019 Rank 5 Jeydev C S
UPSC CSE 2019 Rank 5 Jeydev C S says, ” I always wanted to work in public sector. During graduation days at National Law School of Indian University (NLSIU), I was fortunate to understand how law and governance worked in tandem. The law school also had a history of graduates entering civil services, so that was inspiring.”
Born and bought up in Bangalore city, Jeydev C S was very fond of serving his nation from the beginning. Jeydev C S completed his schooling from Frank Anthony Public School, Halasuru. He has his roots from Kottayam District in Kerala. Jeydev C S is a law graduate from National Law School of Indian University in 2018. Jeydev C S always wanted to work in public sector, motivated by many working in his college. He has secured 5th rank in Karnataka state. He states that it was his dream come true, serving his nation and most importantly his state.
26 year old UPSC CSE 2019 Rank 5 Jeydev C S cleared as an IAS officer in his 2nd attempt. National Law School of Indian Univseristy (NLSIU) has a history of serving their nation, which was seen and imbibed by Jeydev C S, making him reach his goal. He gave his first prelims in 2018, where he was not qualified. His favorite subject was civics and liked a career in law. He says that he was fortunate enough to understand the working of law and governance in tandem.
UPSC CSE 2019 Rank 5 Jeydev C S Strategy
- UPSC CSE 2019 Rank 5 Jeydev C S focused more on the writing part while preparing for his second attempt. He says that he didn’t want to commit the same mistakes, so he made sure that he prepared thoroughly this time.
- For the prelims he says to focus more on general studies. Having a basic understanding of the syllabus and subject lets your burden slow down a little. UPSC CSE 2019 Rank 5 Jeydev C S says that he shifted to Bangalore for preparing for the exam.
- About coaching, he says he didn’t go for any coaching, instead he worked on by himself at his home. With proper planning and strategy he acquired much knowledge on various topics that are really mandatory for the UPSC examination.
- Being a lawyer, he mostly had knowledge on politics, social laws etc.,. Also having the experience in giving CLAT examination, he knew how to manage time and work sincerely.
How UPSC CSE 2019 Toppers prepare for exams
- They usually focus on being healthy first. Being healthy drives you gain double the knowledge because your brain feels fresh. UPSC CSE 2019 Toppers, studies according to specific plans and strategies which makes them reach greater heights.
- Make a timetable for your daily schedule. It is not just about making time table but also make sure that you follow them regularly. Remember it is for yourself.
- Text books like NCERT, Laxmikanth, Rau’s, Spectrum are the widely used ones by UPSC CSE 2019 Toppers. While studying it is important to make notes. This will help in writing speed which in turn will help in writing answers during IAS mains.
- Reading newspaper to gain important news and know about current affairs is necessary. UPSC CSE 2019 Toppers reads newspapers, listens to rajya sabha debates, government information channels, websites etc., to acquire important information on national level as well as state level.
- UPSC CSE 2019 Toppers spends almost 6 to 8 hours a day studying and going through the syllabus. Revision is mandatory. They say that you should be in touch with the portions covered daily. Without revising it would be like, “out of sight, out of mind”, so make sure you practise it often.
- Try giving mock tests that you find in internet. This will help you in every way possible. Attempting mock tests will allow you to gain confidence as well as lets you know about your strength and weakness.
UPSC CSE 2019 Toppers were very much surprised while knowing their result. Amidst the pandemic, a good news brightened the face of many in the country.